The AV-WSC-TILT Series L-807 wind cones provides visual indication of wind direction and velocity at a location on
FAA Size 2 wind cones are used at the central location on an airfield.
FAA Size 1 wind cones are used on smaller airfields and heliports.
The unit is equipped with LED lighting which feature the following:
• 50,000 to 100,000 hour lamp life, virtually maintenance free. 4 year warranty
• 80–90% less power consumption than halogen lamps
• A long-life LED obstruction light
The assembly comes powder-coated in international orange.The pole is center-hinged with 4 inch diameter steel on the bottom and 3 inch diameter steel on the top. A centre mounted braked winch allows 1-person maintenance.The four anchor bolts are a one-piece welded assembly ready to drop in the ground.The aluminium basket is welded, one piece, with pre-installed bearings. Raincaps protect the bearings from weather. The nylon sock is treated for rot, mildew and water repellency.
• FAA AC150/5345-27 for L-807
• FAA Engineering Brief 67
• ETL Certified
• ICAO Annex 14 Volume 1,‘Aerodrome Design and Operations’, paragraph 5.1.1 (Size 2 only)